The race to the one million dollar prize
THE FIRST TEAM TO WIN FOUR PRESTIGIOUS CSGO EVENTS INSIDE A SPAN OF TEN EVENTS WILL COMPLETE THE INTEL® GRAND SLAM AND WIN $1,000,000.
ASTRALIS ARE THE FIRST TEAM TO HAVE DONE IT. STARTING WITH INTEL® EXTREME MASTERS KATOWICE, THE WORLD'S BEST TEAMS ARE FIGHTING TO WRITE A BRAND NEW LEGACY.
State of the race
THE RULES OF THE INTEL GRAND SLAM
- The Intel Grand Slam is completed by the first team that wins four IGS-eligible tournaments (currently selected Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, ESL Pro League and DreamHack Masters events) inside a span of ten consecutive events. If a team fails to attend an event, the event counts as a “no win” for the purposes of completing the IGS. The list of eligible IGS events is available on the Intel Grand Slam website.
- Results from the previous season of the Intel Grand Slam are not counted towards the current season of the Intel Grand Slam.
- Teams are allowed to swap players between tournaments, but a core of the same three players has to win four finals together in order to be eligible for the Intel Grand Slam.
- All prize money in the IGS (the main prize and the giant killer bonus) gets sent directly to the players that participated in the relevant finals.
- Eligible players get a share in the prize money in proportion to their contribution to the IGS (counting only the relevant final matches).
- If a player has left the team and competed in an IGS event for another team, he becomes ineligible for prize money.
- If a team that is about to complete the IGS is stopped in the final of their potential 4th win, their opponents receive the $100,000 “giant killer bonus”. The one exception to the rule is if a team denying the completion of the Intel Grand Slam completes it in the same final.
- There is no limit to how many giant killer bonuses are paid out in a single Intel Grand Slam Season.
TOURNAMENTS ELIGIBLE FOR THE INTEL GRAND SLAM
Astralis have won the ESL Pro League Season 8 finals, thus completing the Intel Grand Slam. The Danes defeated TeamLiquid 3-1 in the grand final after losing the first map on Train. Mirage, Inferno and Dust 2 have gone the way of Astralis despite Liquid putting up a much better fight than they had a month ago in the final of IEM Chicago. Astralis celebrated in