An unstoppable Natus Vincere led by world's best CS:GO player Sasha "s1mple" Kostylyev defeated G2 Esports 3:0 in the Intel Extreme Masters Katowice grand final. The Ukrainian organization are the latest team to join the race to complete the Intel Grand Slam.
Navi has nine events left to win three more Masters level ESL Pro Tour trophies, but they also need to do it ahead of their competition. The other teams in contention are:
- Mousesports (winners of ESL Pro League Season 10, 8 events left to complete the Intel Grand Slam)
- Astralis (winners of IEM Beijing, 7 events left)
- Fnatic (winners of DreamHack Masters Malmoe, 6 events left)
- Evil Geniuses (winners of ESL One New York, 5 events left)
- Team Liquid (winners of IEM Chicago, 4 events left)
The first of those teams to win four Masters events including one or more Masters Championship events (IEM Katowice, the ESL One Rio Major, ESL One Cologne) will receive a $1,000,000 prize for completing the Intel Grand Slam. Another way to win it is by winning six Masters events in the ESL Pro Tour that do not include a Masters Championship.
The next opportunity for a team to pick up another notch on the way to the prize is the ESL Pro League Season 11, followed by ESL One Rio and DreamHack Masters Jonkoping.